Reports and White papers
Survey - Enterprise Performance Management and the Role of the Management Accountant in India
IMA’s Vice President of Research & Policy and Professor-in-Residence, Raef Lawson, Ph.D., CMA, CSCA, CPA, CFA, partnered with MyCFO (http://www.mycfo.in), India’s largest and only implementation-and-result focused CFO services firm, to conduct a survey of finance and accounting professionals regarding the state of enterprise performance management (EPM) in India and the role played by management accountants.
Among the key findings:
- The role of the Finance function is evolving in India, as elsewhere in the world, with new responsibilities being balanced with more traditional ones.
- Planning, forecasting, and providing business insights are high priorities of Finance.
- Finance is most effective in its traditional areas of responsibility.
- There is a low level of satisfaction with companies’ performance management systems (PMSs).
- There are similarities between the evolution of the accounting profession in India and other developing countries.